- Posting Number:
- Accepted Thru:
- August 30, 2017
- Responsible to:
- Quality and Launch Manager
Position Summary: Model Pliant’s Core Values (Respectful, Dedicated, Trustworthy) while being responsible for the development and submission of quality documentation to the customer, facilitation of continuous improvements, and working with suppliers and customers to resolve quality or system issues.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Personal Traits:
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field.
• 3+ years of automotive quality engineering preferred.
• Ability to understand prints/drawings, including proficiency in GD&T.
• Customer-specific Program Development experience (e.g.: AIAG, APQP, PPAP, Process Flow & Control Plans).
• Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO9001 & TS16949).
• Project Management skills using Microsoft applications.
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following:
• Proficient in tolerancing & tolerance stack-up requirements.
• Maintenance of required documentation meeting the Pliant Plastics Corporation specifications for Document Control and retrievability.
• Interface with customer personnel and facilitate the resolution of quality issues and concerns.
• Maintain quality documentation in response to CAR’s / SCAR’s as required.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of institutionalized quality systems (e.g. TS & ISO)
• Lead problem-solving efforts relating to quality issues with an emphasis on Lessons Learned.
• Proficient with Microsoft Applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
• Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as assigned by the supervisor.
• Launch Quality:
• Responsible for the quality of product during the Launch Phase.
• Initiate Control Plans & training for Work and Gage Instructions.
• Generate quality documentation in accordance with customer requirements for PPAP submission (i.e. PFD, PFMEA, and Control Plans).
• Understand and provide interpretation of customer designs.
• Recommend and negotiate GD&T with the customer.
• Responsible for gage quoting, sourcing, design approval, and customer approval.
• Coordinate dimensional layout and capability studies using appropriate forms as needed. Assess results and provide appropriate recommendations as requested.
• Manage supplier communication and requirements (PPAP/Annual Validation) relating to quality.
• Submit PPAP per the program timeline.
• Manufacturing Quality:
• Maintain Control Plans, Work and Gage Instructions.
• Training of operators for current procedures relating to Control Plans, Work and Gage Instructions.
• Understand and provide interpretation of GD&T data.
• Lead problem solving efforts relating to production quality issues.
• Initiate Early Product Containment or Control of Nonconforming Product as needed.
• Gage R&R studies for After Production Engineering Changes
• Coordinate Annual Validation activities per customer requirements.
• Initiate and drive corrective actions in response to customer issues, internal quality issues, and supplier issues.
• Supplier Quality:
• Responsible for Customer and Supplier communications relating to quality.
• Must be creative with problem solving
Mechanicals: (equipment operation or physical dexterity required for the position) – Keyboard, calculator, telephone, fax, copier, measuring tools, gages, automobile.
Additional Information: Travel may be required. Professional appearance and communication is essential in all representation of Pliant Plastics Corporation.
Core Values: Dedicated, Trustworthy, Respectful, Excellence. All Pliant associates are required to model these core values in all areas of communication and performance on a consistent basis.