- Posting Number:
- Accepted Thru:
- May 13, 2017
- Responsible to:
- Sr. Program Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for providing customer response and support services for sales and engineering functions. Coordinate the organization, integration and completion of customer projects, launches and product changes.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Personal Traits:
• Bachelors of Science in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering or related field; Masters of Business Administration preferred.
• 5-10 Years’ experience in Program Management.
• Previous 5+ years’ experience in automotive industry.
• Certified Project Management Professional Certification preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated documentation ability.
• Plastic design knowledge
• Plastics injection molding experience
• Design for manufacturing experience
• Customer service experience.
• Experience with blueprint /GD&T reading
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following:
• Respond to immediate customer inquiries and requests when SE is not available.
• Expedite or route customer concerns and requests as appropriate.
• Coordinate project development and launches with customers and company departments.
• Support SE as the primary inside contact with customers, suppliers and departments.
• Responsible for leading project implementation through coordination of advanced planning, tool construction, sampling, documentation and submissions.
• Document design intent, customer expectations, developed procedures and methods of project transfer to manufacturing.
• Initiate ECOs and route to Sales Coordinator.
• Define scope of program both to company and its suppliers.
• Develop the Open Issues matrix.
• Develop and manage the Program Budget. Report updates to management as directed.
• Document Control
• Develop the Program timing with internal milestones (e.g. design reviews, tooling, and PRP gate reviews) and external milestones
• Maintain all PRP forms and other Program Management tracking documents
• Maintain customer APQP documents
• Responsible for tracking, documentation and monitoring all aspects for the PCR/ECN process for a specific program
• Ensure relevant documents are amended and relevant personnel are made aware of the change requirements
• Manage multiple discipline engineering teams to meet internal and customer requirements such as TS16494, APQP, and AIAG.
• Communicate program timeliness to internal company departments.
• Present required Phase-gate reviews to management.
• Support APQP and VA/VE activities.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interpret and analyze technical procedures and customer specifications.
• Ability to effectively interact with associates and customers at all levels.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple activities, simultaneously, achieving excellent results.
• Well organized, self-directed and disciplined.
• Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as assigned by the supervisor.
Work Environment: Open office and light industrial environment, air-conditioned, occasional moderate noise, and production and machine shop exposure.
Core Values: Dedicated, Trustworthy, Respectful, Excellence. All Pliant associates are required to model these core values in all areas of communication and performance on a consistent basis.